In the interest of safety and security for our staff and visitors, the following practices are observed at the The Georgina Centre for Arts and Culture.
Visit the sections below for more information on Accessibility and the The Georgina Centre for Arts Code of Conduct.
- Please ask Gallery staff for help at any time.
- If you have specific questions or concerns, please contact us.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from shouting, running and rowdy behaviour.
- Children must be accompanied by adults at all times in the exhibition spaces.
- Profane language is not permitted.
- During your visit, please turn your cell phone to vibrate or the silent setting.
- Food of any type is not permitted in the exhibition spaces.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the premises.
- Touching objects on display is not permitted
Photography of the exhibitions for personal use only, with hand-held equipment, may be permitted in special exhibitions. Photographing or videotaping staff or visitors without their approval is not permitted. Please be mindful of other visitors when photographing. Photography for private or commercial purposes must be booked in advance.
Gallery tours may be booked in advance for groups of all interests and sizes, including camp, school, special interest and family. To book a tour or for more information please contact us.
Please limit baggage. All bags entering or leaving the Gallery including purses are subject to inspection by Gallery staff. Please leave your valuables at home. The Gallery does not assume liability for items checked at the front desk.
Bikes are not permitted within the building. Please check with the Reception Desk for the location of the closest bike rack. Bike helmets, skateboards, skate shoes, roller blades and scooters are not permitted in the building.
Please enter our building on the right side (facing the GCAC from the street) or left side (facing the GCAC from the parking lot).
Ample free parking front and rear. Handicap parking closest to the main door. Parking is FREE.
GCAC does not tolerate physical threats, intimidation or any cause of physical injury to any other person.
Should you pose a threat, you will be asked to leave the premises. If you engage in behaviour that is insulting, intimidating, humiliating, hurtful, malicious, degrading or otherwise offensive to an individual, including all forms of harassment, from bullying to hate propaganda and profanity, or engage in sexual harassment, you will be asked to leave the premises.
Visitors who wish to provide feedback can e-mail , make verbal suggestions, or write a letter.
Code of Conduct
- Respect and comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times
- Respect the rights of others, regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability
- Show proper regard for the GCAC property and personal property of others
- Seek assistance from a staff member, if necessary, to resolve conflict peacefully, and
- Respect the needs of others to work in an environment conducive to learning, creating and working.