- This event has passed.
7 Stories Photography Exhibit & Writing Contest
April 15 - June 25
The Georgina Centre for Arts & Culture is inviting new & published writers to participate in an exciting event with renowned Canadian photographer, Tom Zsolt.
We are beyond thrilled by the number of entries we have received for our 7 Stories Contest.
All writers who submitted are encouraged to attend a reception on Saturday, May 13th at 1pm at the GCAC, where the winners will be unveiled. We have 3 winners for each photograph and 3 overall winners. The top three winners will have their choice of one photograph, signed by Tom Zsolt, of one of the exhibit’s seven images. Everyone who submits their work will receive a free one-year membership to The Georgina Centre for Arts & Culture. The seven photographs in the exhibit are shown below and are available on our socials.
We hope to see you on May 13th from 1:00pm-4:00pm
BLUE HERON BOOKS
CANADA’S BEST INDEPENDANT BOOKSTORE.
- Choose one photo as a prompt
- Writers can borrow the title from the photograph, or create their own title
- Maximum word count—400 words, any genre including fictional prose, poetry or non-fiction
- Submission deadline: April 15, 2023
- Written pieces are to be submitted as word documents, or hand-written if this is not possible
- Please submit to GCAC Reception Email Inbox: email@example.com
- Entrants with pieces that are accepted into the exhibit will be notified via email
- Writers can submit up to three pieces, provided they are of different images
- The first-place winner will win $100 and receive a 24”x36” Giclee print of an Andrea Macleod painting
- The top three contestants will have their choice of one signed photograph, by Tom Zsolt
- All participants will receive a free one-year membership to The Georgina Centre for Arts & Culture
- The contest is open to anyone on earth